Spring in Greater Lafayette means plenty of time to get outside and explore our 2 great cities! Grab the kids, friends, or your loyal family pet and pile into the car and check off all these wonderful ideas and activities in Lafayette-West Lafayette. This list is a sampling of all the fun in Greater Lafayette. Check our website for all the wonderful adventures to be found!
- Dine outdoors! Click here for a list of outdoor dining
- Sit under a shady tree and read a book at the Purdue Arboretum
- Watch spring blossom as you hike through Clegg Gardens
- Cast a line in Wildcat Creek glassy waters
- Kayak at the Bicentennial Nature Area Pond
- Observe wildlife at the Ouiatenon Preserve Overlook
- Pick strawberries at Annie’s Orchard
- Meet the zoo animals at Columbian Park Zoo
- Look for eagles at Prophetstown State Park
- Embrace tranquility at the Celery Bog
- Feed the chickens at the Farm at Propehtstown
- Rent a bicycle at Purdue and bike through campus
- Daydream as you explore over 115 pieces of public art
- Play a round of golf at 7 unique golf courses
- Howl with wolves at Wolf Park
- Explore the site of The Battle of Tippecanoe
- Wander the Wabash Heritage Trail, an 18 mile scenic trailway
- Walk and explore downtown shops and discover lots of great outdoor dining opportunities
- Mountain bike at four off-road dirt paths
- Shop 3 open air farmers markets (open in May)
- Get lost in the woods at Happy Hollow Park
- Camp at one of six local campgrounds.
- Enjoy the fresh spring air during a stroll through the Haan Museum Sculpture Garden.
- Sip on "Lafayette Blush" wine in the beautiful outdoor garden space at Wildcat Creek Winery. (21+)
- Cheer on the Purdue Baseball and Purdue Softball teams
- Sip on locally brewed beer on the patio at either People's Brewing Co. or Teay's River Brewing
Outdoor adventure awaits!
The Great Outdoors, Out Your Backdoor
Fathers and Sons, Mothers and Daughters escape the world of deadlines, corporate concrete, book reports and video games and get connected. Start by connecting with one another over a leisurely Read More
Hiking and Walking Areas
Horticulture Park “Hort Park” is one of the great things about sharing a community with Purdue University. The park has about 21 acres and is an excellent place for picnics, peaceful walks and Read More