Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette is a vital driver of the visitor economy. Providing support and promotion of the tourism sector in our destination creates a ripple effect that makes our community more vibrant, dynamic, diverse, and a great place to visit, work, play, or belong.
Board of Directors
Visit Lafayette – West Lafayette (VLWL) is governed by the Tippecanoe County Convention and
Visitors Commission and the VLWL Board of Directors.
Members of the Commission and Board are made up as follows:
Tippecanoe County Convention & Visitors Commission (Commission) Council appoints 3 members for a two-year term:
• One must be engaged in the hotel or motel business.
Richard Ghiselli, Purdue University School of Hospitality & Tourism Management
• One must be a representative of the travel or visitors industry in the county.
Rachel Johnson, Journey's by Rachel
• One must be a member of the County Council.
Tippecanoe County Commissioners (Commissioners) appoint 3 members for a one year term:
• One must be engaged in the hotel or motel business in the County.
Teresa Witkoske, Black Blanket Farms Bed & Breakfast
• One must be a representative of the County's business community.
Becky Barnes, Caterpillar Visitors Center Manager
• One must be a Commissioner.
City of Lafayette, the Mayor (LAF) appoints 2 members for a one year term:
• One must be a representative from economic development.
Alicia Dunbar, former retail business owner
• One must be a representative of the travel and visitors industry.
Karen Cooper, Outpost Catering and Old Buffalo's Outpost Bar & Grill
City of West Lafayette, the Mayor (WL) appoints 1 member for a one year term:
• Must be a representative of the travel and visitors industry.
Joe Payne, Greenways Foundation
The Commission and Council appointees must appoint a representative from Purdue University's Conference Division.
The above 10 members then appoint 3 Members at Large members:
Allen Nail, Tippecanoe County Parks Department
David Bathe, Chancellor of Ivy Tech Community College
Dave Sattler, Cartoonist and owner of historic, 98 year old downtown landmark at 511 Ferry Street, Lafayette, that includes the Bindery Art Studios