Planning Tips & Ideas
Planning a wedding can be a huge chore. Many wonder where to begin. Visit Lafayette – West Lafayette can help if you are planning a wedding in the area. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Have an idea of type of wedding you’d like (indoor, outdoor, church or not, large, small), approximate number of people to attend, a budget and a time of year or a date you’d like.
- Contact Visit Lafayette – West Lafayette to assist with a venue and vendor list and narrowing down suggestions.
- Contact those venues and vendors that interest you and set up a date and time to meet with them to see the venue or sample product and go over pricing. It might be helpful to attend a Bridal Fair at this stage where you can meet with a variety of vendors all in one place.
- Start narrowing down the vendors and venues and select the ones you’d like to use that have your date available, pay deposits and get on their calendars. Booking early is key in getting your first choices.
- Contact Visit Lafayette – West Lafayette again with information on out of town guests. We can help obtain hotel room block information, provide welcome packets including visitor guides and maps as well as answer other questions you may have.
Keep a to do list and all your service providers contact information in one place and keep it close as you will refer to it a lot while planning. If you ever need assistance or have questions, feel free to contact us! We are a great resource for all things Lafayette - West Lafayette!
Arielle Grinnage Visitor and Group Services Specialist
Ari serves as the Visitor and Group Services Specialist. In this job, Ari's role is to oversee the Visitor Center and brochure distribution as well as coordinate any services groups, events, meetings, sports, etc. request. She has recently graduated from Purdue University in Hospitality and Tourism Management. In her free time, she loves to write for her travel blog, discover new coffee shops, take spontaneous trips, and listen to podcasts.