Planning Tips & Ideas
Planning a wedding can be a huge chore. Many wonder where to begin. Visit Lafayette – West Lafayette can help if you are planning a wedding in the area. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Have an idea of type of wedding you’d like (indoor, outdoor, church or not, large, small), approximate number of people to attend, a budget and a time of year or a date you’d like.
- Contact Visit Lafayette – West Lafayette to assist with a venue and vendor list and narrowing down suggestions.
- Contact those venues and vendors that interest you and set up a date and time to meet with them to see the venue or sample product and go over pricing. It might be helpful to attend a Bridal Fair at this stage where you can meet with a variety of vendors all in one place.
- Start narrowing down the vendors and venues and select the ones you’d like to use that have your date available, pay deposits and get on their calendars. Booking early is key in getting your first choices.
- Contact Visit Lafayette – West Lafayette again with information on out of town guests. We can help obtain hotel room block information, provide welcome packets including visitor guides and maps as well as answer other questions you may have.
Keep a to do list and all your service providers contact information in one place and keep it close as you will refer to it a lot while planning. If you ever need assistance or have questions, feel free to contact us! We are a great resource for all things Lafayette - West Lafayette!
Janet Martinez Sales Manager
Janet Martinez is our "Sales Manager". In this role, Janet works with and promotes area hotels/motels, attractions, restaurants and events to help attract tour groups, meetings, conventions, reunions and weddings to Tippecanoe County. She prepares bids, presentations, itineraries and information to meeting and group tour planners. She educates our partners on what is available in the community and makes sure we have the correct information on our website and brochures. Janet also ensures that relationships are maintained between the lodging facilities and our visitor industry partners networks. Janet enjoys spending time with her three daughters and grandchildren. She loves to attend sporting events of all kind and is an avid Colts fan. Janet also likes to attend concerts.