Lunge, run, squat, lift, jump, spin, crunch, rest - these are just some of the words used when one thinks of working out and getting fit. Sometimes these words can be intimidating to many of us. But working out can provide so many great benefits. Overall better health, happy endorphins, and positivity are just a few. Our staff work out and/or use the facilities at multiple fitness centers around town. Here are our thoughts to help you pick the work out center that fits you! Please note we have a small staff and this is just a small sampling of the fitness centers in Lafayette-West Lafayette. Click here to view the whole workout center list.
- HOTworx: Ari shares, "HOTworx is a great place to get a workout in because not only does it have a variety of digital videos to follow along to, but you are also working out in an infrared sauna that is proven to increase calorie burn and detox your body. Hotworx offers many classes in individual sauna pods such as hot yoga, hot cycle, hot rowing, hot barre, and so much more. If working out in a sauna isn't for you, they also have a FX Zone that has many free weights and a few workout machines. Another added bonus about Hotworx is that members have access 24/7, so it is a place that can truly fit everyone's schedule."
- Miracles Fitness: Jo remarks, "Miracles Fitness is training, pilates and yoga with awesome trainers and outstanding clients that all make you feel comfortable working out. Miracles has been around a numbers of years in their West Lafayette location but right now there is newness and excitement in the air. The long time trainer and Harrison High School Wrestling coach is the new Miracles Fitness owner. Many changes are happening, from new paint throughout, walls torn down and new flooring in the palates and yoga studio and a new logo. None of which changes the great fitness programs offering personal training, through one-on-one and small group sessions, to baby boomers, seniors and all others no matter your previous experience to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Parkwest Fitness: "Parkwest Fitness is a massive gym full of many ways to enjoy health and wellness. It has a pool, free weights, cardio equipment, weights machines, and offers childcare and group fitness classes. This gym is clean, the staff is kind and courteous, and it is a one-stop shop for all your fitness needs," Ari reviews.
- Planet Fitness: "Planet Fitness is a well known and highly rated gym in Lafayette. Staff always go out of their way to give you a warm welcome and a cheerful “have a nice day” when you depart. Planet Fitness is known for their judgement free zone and that is exactly what you will find at their Lafayette location. It’s a safe, clean and comfortable place to be your best self. Within the spacious gym, you will find all the equipment you could need, personal training options, tanning beds, massage chairs, affordable memberships, and an enjoyable gym atmosphere," Emily shares.
- West Lafayette Wellness Center: Ashley shares, "The West Lafayette Wellness Center is a beautiful new facility at the edge of Cumberland Park in West Lafayette. It is always very clean and welcoming. They offer two gyms, multiple classroom spaces, a pool, cardio and weightlifting machines with a great view of Cumberland Park, fitness classes, swim lessons and more. Being so close to the park, it offers a unique opportunity to conveniently add outdoor activities to your indoor workout routine. Some classes even have the opportunity to meet outside on the patio upstairs! They offer childcare as well while you work out if it’s needed. We love the locker room as well that offers individual lockable pods/ stalls for changing and large shower rooms. This makes it much easier to get ready, especially with toddlers after swim lessons!"
Youth Basketball Programs at the West Lafayette Wellness Center
4 Year Old Learning to Dive at West Lafayette Wellness Center
- YMCA: "The YMCA is a wonderful facility with everything you might need under one roof: a state-of-the-art fitness center with basketball court, indoor track, free weights, fitness and spin classrooms, wellness center for cardio and weightlifting, and an aquatic center. The Y also offers childcare, youth activities, and programs for the community. They even have partners that provide other services such as primary care physicians, massage, diabetes management, dietitians, junior achievement, and hands on experiences for students at Ivy Tech. The Y is always bustling and full of energy! As you walk in, you see the activities going on in the pool, then go on upstairs to the fitness classes and work out area. It creates a fun environment to work out in," says Ashley.
Again, these are only a handful of fitness centers in town. We would love to hear from you and your experience at your favorite workout center? Tag #homeofpurdue and share on social! Or email Sara Erickson, firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to add other personal reviews!
We challenge you to get fit this year! Good luck!