Breakfast Definition: a meal eaten in the morning, the first of the day. But guess what? We live in this great place called America and if we choose to eat breakfast at noon or at 8pm, we can! Why? Because it makes life just a little bit more fun!
Check out this list of places that serves lunch during the whole time they are open. Eat, be merry and enjoy breakfast!
- "Christo's is my family's go to spot for brunch. It has all your comfort food favorites such as biscuits and gravy, pancakes, french toast, etc. My family also loves Christo's Gyros which they also have in brunch form as an omelette or skillet. I love the omelette version. It is a 3 egg omelette stuffed with diced gyro, tomato, and feta cheese. Served with their house made tzatziki (cucumber) sauce, which is the best part! It maybe sounds a little strange to put tzatziki on an omelette but it is the best on this one and just works. Although I could put that tzatziki sauce on just about anything. This omelette served with pancakes instead of the potatoes and toast is my favorite! The Greek salad with the gyro meat is also really good if you are wanting more of a lunch option. I recommend asking for that tzatziki on the side to dip the meat in or use lightly as a dressing, although the Greek dressing is good too." VLWL staff member, Ashley shares.
- North End Cafe:
- Try their Tex- Mex Brunch Fest! Taco's Locos; two corn tortillas filled with scrambled eggs, peppers and onions, avocado, crumbled sausage, fresh cilantro, mexi cheese blend, tomato and finished with sweet chili sauce! Yum! The service at North End Cafe is always top notch and served with a smile. The VLWL staff highly recommend their hot chocolate. It is pure chocolate yumminess!
- Town & Gown:
- "Town and Gown is a popular brunch spot in this college town. Their menu offers incredible chef made classics. With a mix of great food and drinks, eating here is always cozy and feels just like home," Emily from VLWL shares.
- The Lobby by Greyhouse:
- Gather together to enjoy coffee and unique cuisine in Downtown Lafayette. The Lobby offers a full brunch menu from 7am-4pm daily, including favorites like biscuits and gravy, avocado toast, build-your-own breakfast sandwiches, and more, with vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options available. The Lobby also offers a variety of specialty coffee, espresso, and tea beverages, as well as a full bar with a wide selection of wine, beer and craft cocktails and mocktails - everything from espresso martinis to mimosas!
- Greyhouse Coffee & Supply Co.:
- Along with their trademark coffee, tea, and espresso beverages, Greyhouse West Lafayette (at 100 Northwestern Ave.) offers a selection of made-to-order crepes from 7am to 3pm daily as well as a varieties of pastries, oatmeal bowls, and breakfasts sandwiches all day. Gluten-free and vegetarian options are also available.
- The Country Cafe:
- Ashley shares, "The Country Cafe is a busy, bustling restaurant but they get guests in and out quickly and efficiently without feeling rushed. They have a lot of your typical brunch favorites and some with a different twist. Have you ever had a Breakfast Quesadilla? Or how about a breakfast casserole at a restaurant? You can get them here. The menu is packed full of yummy favorites too. My favorite is a basic ham and cheese omelete. Hard to go wrong with it really, but you know, it just tastes better here. My kids love getting their biscuits and gravy and the mozzarella sticks 😁. I have several friends that do low carb and I noticed that on their menu they specifically mark the keto friendly items, I have not seen that many places and thought it was nice."
- Triple XXX Family Restaurant:
- Triple XXX Family Restaurant has been serving the Greater Lafayette area since 1929! It's a local favorite as well as one of our staff's top picks around town. Why? Click here to view 10 reasons we LOVE Triple XXX!
- Sweet Revolution Bake Shop:
- This bakery has a variety of breakfast/brunch options including Croissants, quiche, galettes, turnovers, pie or cheesecake. Yes, you can eat cheesecake for breakfast! Who doesn't? Be adventurous and order their doughnut croissants available every Wednesday. Danishes are available as well on Fridays. Gluten Free and Vegan Options available.
- Trish's Red Bird Cafe:
- This cafe is a throwback to the history of Dayton, Indiana. Originally home to the first Gas Station and then Dayton's original Fire Station. Trish and her team are cooking meals like you would see your Grandmother cook! Huge pancakes, homemade biscuits & gravy, and every meal come with the most delectable beignets. When you walk into Trish's you will feel like family, as you are instantly greeted with a smile and welcomed.
- Sunrise Diner:
- Enjoy traditional breakfast all day at Sunrise! Fun history story: In 1985 Don McClean, owner of McClean Builders, was hired to do some construction work on a restaurant at Mar Jean Village. On completion of the project his customers were unable to pay. In lieu of payment, they offered Don a diner they owned in historic downtown Lafayette. Unfamiliar with the workings of a diner or how to cook on a grill, Don relied on his own enjoyment of good coffee, good food and good service to guide him in his new venture. Almost 40 years later, and this diner is still serving up great breakfasts, downtown Lafayette.
- La Fiesta Burrito
- Brunch and breakfast items are served at La Fiesta Burrito. Typical Mexican dishes are their chilaquiles; homemade corn tortillas cut in quarters, lightly fried, tossed in a choice of red or green salsa and topped with Mexican sour cream and crumbled queso fresco. Over easy eggs are very common to add on top of their carne asada (chopped steak) as well!
Craving breakfast? Check out more ideas here:
Best Donut Shops in Lafayette-West Lafayette
Who says doughnuts can’t be both breakfast and dessert? West Lafayette and Lafayette have many great locations where you can satisfy your morning hunger or your sweet tooth with some delicious doughnuts. So grab your friends, your... Read More
Best Places to Brunch in Greater Lafayette
Brunch! When you think of this word, what comes to mind? The definition is the following: "a late morning meal eaten instead of breakfast and lunch." What a boring definition for a meal that we think is so much fun. Brunch is... Read More