It’s dinner time and you have a busy night with no time to cook. Where do you take the whole family? We have just the list for you. Here is our top family friendly places in the Lafayette-West Lafayette area!
- Arni’s- for sure one of the best family places in town! Especially the Market Square location! I mean who can turn down the chance to eat in the Toys in the Attic room with kids but even with big kids. One of my fondest memories of this restaurant growing up is getting to sit in that room and then before we’d leave one of my parents would always go hold me up so I could see in the top of the doll house they have on display (behind glass). I have always loved and still love looking at all the antique toys on the wall… these days I see a couple up there I played with… that’s depressing. LOL! My husband has always loved the train room. You are really special if you get to sit in there though! It only has a few tables. If visiting the restaurant kid-less, the Loading Dock, aka the bar, is also fun with a box truck and the front end of a semi. Sit on the bench in front of the semi for a real surprise! No matter which location, Arni’s has all your favorites! Pizza, salads, sandwiches, pasta and more!
- Walt’s Other Pub and Walt’s Pub & Grill both are great locations for families! With a wide variety of menu options, great outdoor seating when the weather allows and large fireplaces inside for a cozy atmosphere when the weather isn’t nice, it’s a wonderful setting for families! Their kid’s menu is great as well with a large variety of options! My daughter loves the mini corn dogs, and even more…their cherry sprite! Mom and Dad love that the drink is included in the kid’s meal! Bonus, kids eat free on Tuesday nights, with the purchase of an adult entrée!
- Legacy Pub- A sports fans paradise! Hang out with the kids and watch your favorite sport at the same time! Multiple TVs throughout the restaurant with sports on all the time. They have a good-sized family area with large variety of menu options for kids. Our daughter loves the fish and chips. For $3.99 you get a pretty large kids portion plus a side. Great value! They do really well with carry out and curbside as well. The adult menu is huge! There is even a pretty large vegetarian and vegan section to the menu. We love the catfish and everyone in the family seems to get it a different way, grilled, lemon pepper, breaded and southern fried. I love the sugar snap peas when they have them! So yummy and not something you see many places!
- Teays River Brewery & Public House- We love the atmosphere of this restaurant! It’s modern and welcoming. You get to watch the people in the kitchen, which the kids love! It can make it somewhat noisy at times, which is great when your kid decides to scream at the top of her lungs “I’ve got to go potty” or something more embarrassing! HAHA! Our daughter loves the pizza and it’s huge! As big as my head at least! Plus get a side with it! She usually gets applesauce. The food can sometimes take a little bit to come out, so be sure to have activities for the kids but the food is great!
- Triple XXX Family Restaurant- Come on, it says FAMILY Restaurant in the name! It’s perfect! The kids love the counter seating and watching them make the food on the big grill when we are able to see them. It’s a fun atmosphere and has lots of fun photos on the walls. We like people watching and watching the traffic through the large windows while we wait for our food too. The prices are reasonable, and the food is great, and it’s been a local tradition since 1929! We love the burgers, but my daughter thinks their grilled cheese is the best and loves drinking Triple XXX root beer straight from the bottle. She thinks she is so cool!
- Christo’s New City Grill- We love Christo’s! It’s not super fancy food but it’s always good and quick! It’s great any time of day but we especially like the Sunday Brunch and go many times after church. We think the Gyros is the best here and love that it has an option to be served with fried zucchini sticks. The tzatziki sauce is the best! I really love the gyros omelet too. Our daughter loves the chicken tenders and waffle fries! It’s a huge serving for kids and the chicken is really moist and well-seasoned. The waffle fries are always perfectly crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. The kids pancake meal goes over really well for breakfast/ brunch as well, especially with strawberry topping and bacon!
- Dog-N- Suds- When the weather is nice this is the perfect place for kids and families! Drive in and eat in your car or park and eat under the shelter. Either way it’s fun and nostalgic. What kid doesn’t like hot dogs? Ours loves the corn dog although she takes all the breading off of it and eats that separately. The baby root beer is so cute too and just the perfect size for small kids! Our daughter thinks it’s cool that she can eat in her car seat and that they hang the food tray on the window. Such a fun family outing. If only, there was a team to come clean your car afterwards! Haha! I guess we have to train the kids to do that!
- Senor Tacos- You maybe wouldn’t think about this location as family friendly, but they actually have a wonderful kid’s menu! Although our daughter just usually gets one or two tacos and will eat some guacamole and chips. Mom and Dad loves it because of the great food and the fantastic margaritas!
What are your kid's favorites? We’d love to know!