Fall excursions! Hayrides, pumpkin picking, getting lost in a corn maze; a fall getaway to Lafayette-West Lafayette is sure to bring a smile to you and your loved ones faces! Plan your fall vacation today to explore our fun outdoor fall activities. Here is a list of activities you "must add" to your list!
- Wea Creek Orchard
- Enjoy loads of fun - big, small and every size in between! Pick the pumpkin that speaks to you! Laugh as you take a wagon ride through the orchard and purchase some honey or apple butter, jams and jellies!
- Exploration Acres
- Warm-up with a quick run through the straw bale maze, then visit the 18-acre corn maze with over 8 miles of twists and turns (the largest corn maze in northwest Indiana!)! You can test your skill at a pedal car race, fire a three-ear corn cannon salute or just dive into a mound of hay. There is a pumpkin patch, hayrides, and picnic area with fire pits. Enjoy a gem mine, pony rides, and pumpkin decorating/race.
- Kent's Cucurbits
- Get lost in their 17-acre pumpkin field. Get some great photo ops around the working farm as well as take the kids on the Pumpkin Vine Express through the maze . Shop for the perfect pumpkin, gourd or mum!
- Happy Hollow Park
- Get out and delight in the beauty of fall at this 81-acre park that features hiking trails, 2 accessible playgrounds for ages 2-5 and 5-12, an open turf area and 5 picnic areas. Recently the playground area has gone through a major overhaul and has brand new equipment. Don't miss the 4 new pieces of public art - if you find them take a photo and do a shout-out on social media tagging #homeofpurdue and we will share!
- Tippecanoe Battlefield and Wah-Ba-Shik-A Nature Center
- Walk the battle round where Native Americans and settlers clashed and a conflict of cultures was resolved. Discover a beautiful creek behind the battlefield with trails to venture into the woods. Although a brutal event occurred, this place is a tranquil area to learn about our nation’s past as well as explore the region’s nature. Also, do not miss the Wah-Ba-Shik-A Nature Center which features natural history exhibits and has a wildlife observation window and small taxidermy animal displays.
- Haan Museum of Indiana Art
- This attraction draws everyone from art aficionados to history buffs to avid recreational mountain bikers all in one setting. The pure splendor of this mansion, that is located directly south of downtown Lafayette has visitors acclaiming its beauty with awe and excitement. Within the museum houses the most impressive art collection and outdoors offers the beauty of public art pieces as well as a tough mountain bike trail.
This fall get out and explore Lafayette-West Lafayette. For more information about these sites, visit HomeOfPurdue.com.