Ninth Street Hill
When William Digby platted the town of Lafayette in 1825, the eastern boundary of the city was Sixth Street. The city continued to expand and by 1841 this was Clark Street (later 9th Street) and the area was known as “Prospect Hill”. City records show it officially became Ninth Street in 1860. During the era of railroad expansion and prosperity from 1853 to 1872, some of Lafayette's wealthy families who could afford servants and carriages, built "country estates" on the hill. Homes in the area were built primarily from the 1850s to 1950s in a range of architectural styles including Queen Anne, Gothic Revival, Folk Victorian and Craftsman. The area was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.
Neighborhood attractions include the Art Museum of Greater Lafayette and the Moses-Fowler House owned by the Tippecanoe County Historical Association.