The Class of 1894 Fountain or Memorial Fountain
Located directly across from University Hall, on the Memorial Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47906
John Purdue, the benefactor of the University, requested that he be buried in front of University Hall. Thus the grave serves as a monument to him and the university he loved. However, he did not get to enjoy much of his university as he died on opening day of classes in September of 1876. The fountain was donated by the Class of 1894 and the Class of 1946 had the fountain renovated as its 50th reunion gift.