"The first Morton School was built on the school lot in 1892. This two story brick and stone building was named after the Indiana Civil War Governor, Oliver P. Morton, and was the only continually used public elementary school in West Lafayette until the second quarter of the Twentieth Century. Today, the center offers recreational programs, classes and special events to residents of all ages. Activities include dance, pottery, euchre, bridge and art classes. The center is situated on 3.5 acres and includes meeting rooms, a playground and picnic tables."