Historic Lafayette Farmers Market (Downtown)
- Presented By: Greater Lafayette Commerce
- Dates: May 2, 2020 - October 31, 2020
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Saturday
- Time: 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Price: No admission
The Lafayette Farmers Market has been around for over 165 years! On Saturdays, from early May through late October, the air in downtown Lafayette is filled with the smell of fresh garden flowers, baked goods, vegetables, fruits, plus honey, jams and jellies. Regardless of the day or time, a visit to the Lafayette Farmers Market promises some of the finest and freshest produce, as well as an enjoyable opportunity to browse as you stroll through one of Indiana's oldest outdoor markets!
Be sure to check out any of our seasonal markets, as well as our specialty markets that range from April to December.
Starting July 4 - We are back in full swing! 5th Street is filled with all your favorite vendors, and some new favorites too! Wondering what's changed?
- Our market is now open until 12:30P
- Vendors are back in their original spaces, permanent for the season.
- More choices! Some vendors have expanded to two booths!
- Music is back!
The Lafayette Farmer's Market cares about our vendors, patrons, and community and we continue to monitor the effects of COVID-19 to be able to serve our community safely. Here is how we are doing our part to keep the market safe:
- Sanitizer for customers at every booth.
- Limiting to 200 patrons at a time.
- Vendors must wear masks and practice scheduled sanitation.
- Restricting hours: 8a-9a for At Risk Patrons Only.
Here's what we are asking our customers to do to keep our market safe and healthy:
- Customers are HIGHLY encouraged to wear masks.
- Enter the market at 5th and Columbia.
- Maintain six feet of distance from other patrons and vendors.
- Limit your party's size to a max of two shoppers.
- Do not gather at the market.
- Limit your time in our footprint.
- Use "Point and Pick" method or provided deli sheets when shopping at a booth.
For a full list of health and safety guidelines our market is instilling, please reach out to us!
We look forward to serving our community the best products Saturday has to offer!