This position will arrange freight in and out of the facility. Our ideal candidate will have prior administrative and freight coordination experience. This individual will be coordinating outside carriers for shipments to customers. You will generate Bills of Lading (BOL’s) through various computer portals, prepare paperwork and labeling for those shipments, and follow up with arrival notification.
• Source and arrange outside carriers for shipments and orders that are completed.
• Prepare all paperwork for shipments – BOL’s, labeling, etc.
• Transfer inventory and make adjustments in company accounting software.
• Provide freight quotes for internal and external clients.
• Coordinate as needed between production, accounting, and sales to insure the smooth flow of shipments.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
This job operates primarily in an office setting.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong computer skills.
• Ability to work within a team.
• MS office skills – Outlook, Excel, Word.
• Strong communication aptitude in writing, over the phone and in person.
• Ability to handle large amounts of data work
• Ability to coordinate varying priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously.
Education and Experience:
• 3 years’ experience in an administrative function with preference given to prior freight coordination.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds.
• Ability to carry 25 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $19.00 per hour