[caption id="attachment_11658" align="alignleft" ] Purdue Jazz Band - Evening of Romance[/caption] Valentine's Day is almost here!! If you are looking for a romantic weekend getaway there is still time to book your travel! Or if you live in this area and are looking for entertainment close by, check out the endless possibilities for fun events happening this upcoming weekend in Lafayette-West Lafayette, Indiana.
- Afternoon Delight, February 10th. Savor succulent sweets and the stimulating poetry and music of love as the Lafayette Chamber Singers explore the delicate, whimsical, paradoxical, and flamboyant moods of love through the centuries with a bubbly mix of classical and pop melodies. Starts at 3pm.
- "A Season of Love" Free Concert, February 13. Students from Purdue Musical Organizations will "share the love" and perform a free Valentine’s Day-themed concert in the Purdue Memorial Union Commons near Starbucks. The free concert, “A Season of Love” will begin at 7 p.m. and feature several specialty groups from the Purduettes and Purdue Varsity Glee Club ensembles.
- Wildcat Creek Winery: Perfectly Paired: Wine and Chocolate 2019, February 14th. The perfect Valentine's Day date! Share a decadent evening with your loved one by enjoying Wildcat Creek Wines paired with Wolf's Fine Chocolates. Celebrate wine, chocolate, fun, and above all, love!
- PMO Singing Valentine's, February 14th. This year, melt the heart of someone you love with a Singing Valentine from PMO! Singing Valentines go on sale Wednesday, Jan. 24. To order, call PMO at (765) 494-3941. All orders must be placed by 5 pm Thursday, Feb. 8. Valentines will be delivered Wednesday, Feb. 14, and can be delivered in person in the Greater Lafayette area or by phone to a long-distance love. Singing Valentines are $30 and include one song, one rose, a cookie and a card personalized with a message of your choice.
- An Evening of Romance with Purdue Jazz Band, February 15th. Enjoy an Evening of Romance as we celebrate Valentine’s Day in unique cabaret fashion! The Purdue Jazz Band and the School of Hospitality & Tourism Management team up to recreate a 1940s big band dance club atmosphere – where couples can enjoy music, dancing, food, and romance. Hors d’oeuvre and dessert buffet provided.