[caption id="attachment_5999" align="aligncenter" ] Win a heart necklace from Something Special![/caption] Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette is excited to announce our "Valentine's Day Getaway" Contest 2015 to our two great cities. The competition started on Monday, January 26, and we want to share why each business that has donated to these packages is so fabulous!
One great winner will win the following package worth over $400!
- Best Western Executive Plaza and Conference Center offers over 120 rooms, indoor pool, on site exercise facility, and much more! The Best Western Executive Plaza is the perfect place to stay with your sweet heart!
- Attached to the Best Western, Buccaneer Bay is home to a 23-foot water slide, arcade, and hot tub!
- Hour Time Restaurant; “Best Wine List” voted by the Journal & Courier’s bragging rights, with prime-rib, hand-cut steaks and fresh seafood as the highlights of the dinner menu, you get at Hour Time Restaurant. Conveniently located off I – 65 and connected to Best Western this is one local place you won’t want to miss.
- Bruno Dough - famous pizza dough, deep fried, brushed with garlic butter, sprinkled with parmesan and served with a dipping sauce can only be found at Bruno's Pizza and Big O's Sports Room, serving the community since 1955.
- Located in Downtown Lafayette is Red Seven Bar & Grill. Combining delicious cocktails and amazing steak dinners with an upscale urban atmosphere, Red Seven creates the perfect vibes for a date with someone special!
- Tuffles, chocolates and pastries! Oh My! This homemade chocolate confectionary, Kathy's Kandies, is a must stop for you and your sweets!
- Arni's Restaurant is celebrating 50 years is business this year! Arnold "Arni" Cohen opened the doors to the flagship restaurant in 1965 and today sons, Kurt and Brad, manage 18 Arni's restaurants in Indiana.
- People's Brewing Co.; handcrafted in the heart of Lafayette this brewery uses only the freshest ingredients to brew their delectable beers! Stop by to take a tour, taste some brews and enjoy friendly company from these bearded brewers!
- Why not give a gift from ‘the Heart’? Offering hand crafted art, sculpture, jewelry, and much more, this is a very eclectic, beautiful gallery! Where? Grateful Heart Gallery
- A warm gallery creating one-of-a-kind beautiful pieces from wall art to jewelry and everything in between, Something Special is comprised of eleven artists who truly are something special!
- With an ever changing offering of unique gifts One Earth Gallery & Gifts brings you Authentic American Indian Art and Fair trade gifts from around the world!
- Prophetstown State Park is located in the historic town of Battle Ground. This state park, which served as a home to Native Americans for many years, is named after The Prophet, who was brother to Indian chief Tecumseh. As Indiana’s newest state park offers hiking, biking, camping, interpretive Naturalist Services, and is now home to an outdoor aquatics center!
- Saturdays all year round come have a howling good time at Howl Nights at Wolf Park! This wolf research can tell you all about these magnificent animals and teach you how to howl with the wolves!
- All Fired Up; this Paint-Your-Own Pottery studio is a great change of pace from the normal dinner and a movie date. Create something fun together and treasure it for years to come!
- Step back into history at the Tippecanoe Battlefield Museum & History Store! Located on the grounds of the famous Battle of Tippecanoe, lead by William Henry Harrison against Tecumseh and his people, explore and learn the history behind the clash of these two cultures.
- Skate America is home to roller-skating, laser tag, and arcade fun! This new, refreshed facility is a unique date idea for you and your partner!