Lafayette-West Lafayette, Indiana, is hosting 4 fabulously fun contests this year. This contest is featuring a "Romantic Getaway for 2" to our wonderful cities. The competition started on Monday, September 17, and we want to share why each business who has donated to these packages is so great!
- TownePlace Suites- Marriott is an apartment style hotel that offers luxurious rooms furnished with every-day items you would find in your own home including fully equipped kitchens, spacious desks with two-line data ports, satellite television and high speed wireless internet.
- Bruno's not only has delicious pizza, but order their fried shrimp and/or catfish entrees and you will leave completely satisfied. In addition, their Swiss menu and decor will make your dinner very memorable.
- Triple XXX or Route 66 is known for their root beer and chopped steak burgers, but we love their breakfasts that offer homemade biscuits and gravy, Belgium waffles, corned beef hash and much, much more.
- McAlister's Deli offers sweet tea that will make you feel like you are in the South along with great deli sandwiches and baked potatoes that are enormous.
- Kathy's Kandies is a sweet shop that takes sweets to a new level with their gourmet popcorn, decadent truffles, and beautifully decorated cakes.
- People's Brewing Company offers hand crafted beer, made in small batches. Visit for a tasting of their fresh brew at their taproom and walk away with a 6-pack or growler.
- Silver Dipper rates as one of our favorite ice cream shops that have so many amazing flavors of hand dip ice cream! Their cookie dough is one of our favorites.
- Grateful Heart Gallery & Gifts is the perfect shop to find a piece of pottery created by local artists that will bring beauty into your home.
- One Earth Gallery & Gifts showcases authentic handmade American Indian art that can not only be admired but purchased.
- Long Center for Performing Arts is a 1,190 seat venue that has played host to many famous performers including Al Jolson, Rudy Keeler, Bob Hope, The Marx Brothers, Ethel Merman and Will Rogers.
- Lafayette Symphony Orchestra offers people the chance to share their love of music through innovative programming and high quality performances.
- Prophetstown State Park is Indiana's newest state park that has a slew of fun hiking and educational seminars to learn about the prairie and all of its local inhabitants (birds and animals).
- Wolf Park offers guests the opportunity to howl with wolves, meet foxes and coyotes, and see bison roam the beautiful prairie.
[caption id="attachment_2264" align="alignright" caption="Lafayette Symphony"][/caption] Go to https://www.homeofpurdueblog.com/?p=2194 to sign up! Entries will be accepted through Monday, September 24, 2012 at 5pm. A Winner will be announced Friday, September 28!