Purdue Homecoming Weekend Update! Looking for a fun Indiana weekend getaway? Or do you live in this area and are looking for entertainment close by? Check out the endless possibilities for fun events happening this upcoming weekend in or near Lafayette-West Lafayette, Indiana. Make this your checklist of Purdue Homecoming fun this weekend! Don't miss a second of the excitement! Friday, September 21:
- Boiler Up! Every Friday, typically from 12-3pm (times may vary) before Purdue Home Football Games, take a ride on the Boilermaker Special! Pick-ups will be in front of Stewart Center and run every 15 minutes. Look for the marquee!
- Come and watch the annual homecoming parade as Purdue kicks off the 150th celebration of Purdue weekend! Participants will be handing out goodies to those lined up as well as the infamous Purdue Marching Band, so get there early! This year’s Grand Marshal is 1978 Homecoming Queen, Kassandra Agee-Chandler. This event is FREE and open to the public. All are welcome to attend - click here for route.
- Fans, especially families, looking for fun before home games will want to check out the popular Boilermaker Crossing. Meet-the-team events, inflatable games, and interactive opportunities highlight the list of activities. The Boilermaker Crossing is free and open to fans of all ages. Located in the Sally & Bob Weist Plaza, between Mackey Arena and Holloway Gymnasium, Boilermaker Crossing opens 3 hours before kickoff.
- This year Purdue is celebrating its 16th annual University-wide Homecoming celebration on Stadium Mall as Purdue kicks off 150 Years of Giant Leaps during the Homecoming 2018 festivities. Don’t forget to visit with the various school and unit tents before we take on Boston College. You’ll find all sorts of fun, photo opportunities, and free activities for the whole family. This takes place 10-12pm.
- At 9:30am, join in a tailgate concert celebrating Homecoming and featuring the Purdue Jazz Band and the Tower of Power Band! They will perform at Slayter Center prior to "Thrill on the Hill." Then 90 minutes before game time the Purdue "All American" Marching Band will present "Thrill on the Hill" at Slayter Hill.
- Game time! Come watch as our Purdue Boilermaker Football Team take on Boston College inside Ross-Ade stadium. (12pm).
- Sesquicentennial Kickoff: Homecoming! The sesquicentennial celebration will kick off during halftime with an “All-American” Marching Band performance, to be livestreamed for all Boilermakers to enjoy. Following the game, head to Stadium Mall for a postgame party with live music, food and drinks.
- Post Homecoming fun is happening at Art on the Wabash! Spend your Sunday afternoon relaxing and enjoying local art at Art on the Wabash. This annual local juried artist fair features artists from a 15 county area offering pottery, glass, paintings, carvings, jewelry and more. Located on the banks of the Wabash River, guests enjoy a very nice, scenic landscape for this outdoor show.