It's fall! There are so many wonderful locations to visit this fall as the leaves are changing color and there is a cool crispness in the air. Check our list of "Must Visit Sites" to explore in Lafayette-West Lafayette.
- Wea Creek Orchard
- Enjoy loads of fun - pick some fresh peaches, nectarines, apples, and pumpkins. Laugh as you take a wagon ride through the orchard and purchase some honey or apple butter, jams and jellies!
- Exploration Acres
- Warm-up with a quick run through the straw bale maze, then visit the 18 acre corn maze with over 8 miles of twists and turns (the largest corn maze in northwest Indiana!)! You can test your skill at a pedal car race, fire a three-ear corn cannon salute or just dive into a mound of hay. There is a pumpkin patch, hay rides, and picnic area with fire pits. Enjoy a gem mine, pony rides, and pumpkin decorating/race.
- Kent's Cucurbits
- Get lost in their 17-acre pumpkin field. Get some great photo ops around the working farm as well as take the kids on the Pumpkin Vine Express through the maze . Shop for the perfect pumpkin, gourd or mum!
- Happy Hollow Park
- Get out and delight in the beauty of fall at this 81 acre park that features hiking trails, 2 accessible playgrounds for ages 2-5 and 5-12, a open turf area and 5 picnic areas. Recently the playground area has gone through a major overhaul and has brand new equipment. Don't miss the 4 new pieces of public art - if you find them take a photo and do a shout-out on social media tagging #homeofpurdue and we will share!
- Tippecanoe Battlefield and Wah-Ba-Shik-A Nature Center
- Walk the battle ground where Native Americans and settlers clashed and a conflict of cultures was resolved. Discover a beautiful creek behind the battlefield with trails to venture into the woods. Although a brutal event occurred, this place is a tranquil area to learn about our nation’s past as well as explore the region’s nature. Also, do not miss the Wah-ba-shik-a Nature Center which features natural history exhibits and has a wildlife observation window and small taxidermy animal displays.
This fall get out and explore Lafayette-West Lafayette. For more information about these sites, visit HomeOfPurdue.com. Check back next week for another fun list of fall places to visit.