- The classic animated television special, A Charlie Brown Christmas, comes to life in this faithful stage adaptation where Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the other Peanuts grapple with the real meaning of Christmas. When and where? December 4, 5 & 6 at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette
- On December 5 & 6, enjoy dance, glitz and toe-tapping holiday tunes, plus traditional Christmas hymns with the cathedral-like reverence of the season at the Purdue Christmas Show.
- Ring in the Holidays at the Long Center with Christmastide: A Musical Tribute to Dick Jaeger on December 5.
- Enjoy dinner, dancing, a silent auction, music, professional photography, and more at the Silver and Gold Holiday Gala at the Historic Lahr Atruim on December 5.
- [caption id="attachment_7137" align="alignright" ] Purdue Christmas Show[/caption] On Saturday come out to the Dickens Farmers Market and stock up on goods from our local vendors then participate in a day where Downtown is transformed into Victorian England during Dicken's of a Christmas. Throughout the day, there will be live performances by choirs and entertainers, roving carolers, Riverside Skating Rink sessions, artisans in costume demonstrating their craft, carriage rides and of course, the Dickens and Victorian street characters announced and directed by town criers and a constable or two! Make sure you take advantage of the many "Dickens specials" by downtown restaurants and merchants.
- A Holiday Tour (December 5 & 6,) at the Haan Mansion Museum of Indiana Art is a special treat that you won’t soon forget. A Christmas train traveling through several rooms, decorated with Dickens Villages is a favorite feature for both kids and adults. A gingerbread-style playhouse and multiple animated figures invite kids to participate. Decorated trees, Santas, angels, nativities, Lafayette houses and Dickens villages fill the Museum and spread the Christmas spirit.
- The largest holiday parade in Indiana starts the holiday season...area bands, local floats, clowns, fire engines, police, postal workers and, of course, Santa are welcomed by the crowds on December 6. Please note: several pre-parade events scheduled downtown throughout the day.