- Holiday Tours at the Haan Mansion Museum of Indiana Art is a special treat that you won’t soon forget. (December 12-16) A Christmas train traveling through several rooms, decorated with Dickens Villages is a favorite feature for both kids and adults. A gingerbread-style playhouse and multiple animated figures invite kids to participate. Decorated trees, Santas, angels, nativities, Lafayette houses and Dickens villages fill the Museum and spread the Christmas spirit. [caption id="attachment_11444" align="aligncenter" ] Haan Mansion Museum of Indiana Art[/caption]
- Enjoy a candy cane tour at McCord Candies! Make your very own candy cane on December 14, 15 & 16.
- 14 life-size outdoor scenes involving a cast of hundreds bring to life the significance of the baby in the manger at Faith Church. The "Living Nativity" will take place on December 14, 15 & 16. You can either walk or drive through the nativity.
- The Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette brings you "A Christmas Carol" on December 14, 15 & 16. This version of John Jakes’ nationally successful stage adaptation not only tells the Dickens story faithfully but also allows young audiences to enjoy the real magic of theater; watching the actors create the scene and costume change as the show moves along. Charles Dickens is introduced at the beginning, starts to tell the story of Scrooge’s redemption, then brings it alive with the help of the others in the cast!
- Grab some popcorn and snuggle in the Lafayette Symphony Orchestra presents a special movie edition of Holiday Pops with seasonal classics and songs from your favorite holiday films on December 15.
- Every year, Santa stops by Wolf Park to deliver treats to all the good little canines at the Park. Join the fun on December 15 and help decorate a tree with edible ornaments for the wolves. Then, join everyone in the conference center to enjoy drinks and crafts, and to tell Santa what you want for Christmas. [caption id="attachment_11443" align="aligncenter" ] Timber at Wolf Park[/caption]
- Donuts with Santa is taking place at the McAllister Recreation Center on December 15. Join Santa and his helpers for breakfast, holiday crafts and games. Write a letter to Santa and grab a picture with him before he heads back to the North Pole!
- The Lafayette Master Chorale presents its Holidays Concerts on December 16. Lessons & Carols concert at 4pm: Experience the beauty of word and song with the time-honored traditional service of Nine Lessons and Carols in the beautiful, candlelit First Baptist Church. Join all of our choruses for favorite carols with organ, brass quintet and timpani as our community celebrates all the joy the holiday season has to offer. Holiday Fanfares concert at 7:30pm: From the introductory notes of familiar Christmas carols to the vibrant fanfares in John Rutter’s Gloria, you will be energized by the brass octet and Master Chorale in an evening filled with both exuberance and beauty. New and familiar holiday selections will leave you full of joy and wonder.