Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette is excited to announce our "Holiday Shopping" Contest 2014 to our two great cities. The competition started on Monday, November 10, and we want to share why each business that has donated to these packages is so fabulous!
One great winner will win the following package worth over $575![caption id="attachment_5662" align="aligncenter" ] Grateful Heart[/caption]
- Walking distance to Purdue University, the Hilton Garden Inn West Lafayette offers top of the line service, accommodations and amenities (complimentary fitness center, a full-service restaurant and indoor pool.) This hotel is lovely and will offer the perfect night's rest!
- If you haven't been to Grateful Heart Gallery you are missing out! This shop features the most eclectic, one of a kind and beautiful pottery around at wonderful prices.
- [caption id="attachment_5663" align="alignleft" ] Two Tulips Stockings![/caption] Two Tulips is awaiting your visit to pick out the perfect piggy bank, baby's first year calendar, toys and more for your next loved one's pregnancy!
- Want to dress your baby in style? JF & Company offers adorable rompers, dresses, onsies, and more for your little one. (This is where Social Media Specialist, Sara, bought her newborn baby's outfit for her one-month photos!)
- Owner, David Kurtz makes frequent trips throughout the country searching for authentic, handmade, American Indian art. You can find his treasures at One Earth Gallery & Gifts.
- We all have photos and artwork stored in our attic that just needs a little sprucing up with a lovely frame to make it truly shine. Get yours out and head to Randy Ross Custom Framing and Fine Art to make your piece pop!
- This week is the one year anniversary of Camera Outfitters. They are celebrating on November 15 with door prizes, sales and treats!
- [caption id="attachment_5664" align="alignright" ] Bruno Dough![/caption] Words don't do Bruno’s pizza and food justice! All we can say is a visit to Bruno's is fun, the service is exemplary and the food is simply fabulous. Make sure to order the Bruno Dough with multiple dipping sauces!
- Have you ever craved a burger so bad your taste buds are literally salivating? After trying a Triple XXX burger you will be feeling this way all the time! Add in fries, chili and root beer and you may never leave the restaurant!
- Homemade candies made with decadent and rich chocolate can be found at Kathy’s Kandies. After you go once you will be addicted to her specialty delights like the Oreo cake ball dipped in dark chocolate!
- Want to create memories that will last a lifetime? Head to Arni’s where there are three rooms (Toy Room, Loading Dock and Dining Room). Parents MUST take their children to the Toy Room to enjoy the Purdue train, dollhouses, toys and more. Not only is the ambiance wonderful, but the food is even better! [caption id="attachment_5661" align="alignright" ] Arni's![/caption]
- Local businessman, Scotty Wise, opened the original Scotty’s Brewhouse in Muncie, Indiana in 1996 and in less than ten years nine brewhouses have flourished. This brewhouse is unique with its specialty menu that offers something for everyone, including gluten free options, low calorie and their own exclusive brews!
- YOgurt reTREAT is serving some delicious soft serve frozen yumminess! Choose from about 10 flavors of yogurt and then smother the treat with almost any topping you can imagine!
- Did you know Indiana's newest state park, Prophetstown State Park, offers a wide variety of fun workshops all year long, including bird watching, seed collecting, food preservation, bat abound, and more!?
- Howl with the wolves all night at Wolf Park! Watch interactions between man and wolf, see bison up close, and learn how coyotes interact. Also, don't miss a visit to see the cute little foxes!
- Do you want to become a talented artist for the day? Head to All Fired Up where you can let your artistic side come out. It's easy; select a piece of unfinished pottery, choose your favorite colors from over 100 beautiful paints and glazes, and start creating your masterpiece!
- The holiday show of the season is back to rock our world! The Purdue Christmas Show 2014 features elaborate sets, intricate and specially-tailored musical arrangements of sacred and secular holiday favorites, the introduction of new and soon-to-be Christmas classics, and dramatic and comedic skits and dialogues. [caption id="attachment_5670" align="aligncenter" ] Purdue Christmas Show[/caption]