[caption id="attachment_10064" align="aligncenter" ] Purdue Christmas Show[/caption] Holiday Weekend Update! Looking for a fun Indiana weekend getaway? Or do you live in this area and are looking for entertainment close by? Check out the plethora of fun, holiday events happening this upcoming weekend in or near Lafayette-West Lafayette, Indiana.
- On December 2 & 3, enjoy dance, glitz and toe-tapping holiday tunes, plus traditional Christmas hymns with the cathedral-like reverence of the season at the Purdue Christmas Show.
- [caption id="attachment_10066" align="alignright" ] Haan Mansion[/caption] Holiday Tours (November 29, 30 & December 1, 2, & 3) at the Haan Mansion Museum of Indiana Art is a special treat that you won’t soon forget. A Christmas train traveling through several rooms, decorated with Dickens Villages is a favorite feature for both kids and adults. A gingerbread-style playhouse and multiple animated figures invite kids to participate. Decorated trees, Santas, angels, nativities, Lafayette houses and Dickens villages fill the Museum and spread the Christmas spirit.
- The largest holiday parade in Indiana starts the holiday season...area bands, local floats, clowns, fire engines, police, postal workers and, of course, Santa are welcomed by the crowds on December 2.
- Polar Express is coming to the Long Center on December 2! See this magical Holiday film starring Tom Hanks at Long Center for the Performing Arts with a special appearance by Santa himself!
- Shop for your holiday treats on Saturday, December 2 at the Holiday Downtown Farmers Market.
- Enjoy a candy cane tour at McCord Candies! Make your very own candy cane on December 1, 2 & 3.
- Learn how to make beautiful ornaments from real eggs during Egg Ornaments at the Farm event on December 2. Duck eggs raised right on the farm will be used.
The Holiday Makers Market is back at Wea Creek Orchard on December 1, 2 and 3. On Friday, December 1, Wea Creek is giving away swag bags full of goodies to the first 5 first 50 - $50 purchasing shoppers, door prizes, and more. Food trucks, desserts, beer, and live music on Saturday. Sunday is family fun day - free kids activities in the basement of the barn! Bring your little shoppers!