[caption id="attachment_7235" align="alignright" ] Holiday Jazz[/caption] Holiday Cheer Weekend Update! Looking for a fun Indiana weekend getaway? Or do you live in this area and are looking for entertainment close by? Check out the endless possibilities for fun events happening this upcoming weekend in or near Lafayette-West Lafayette, Indiana.
- December 11 at 7pm- Purdue Bands & Orchestras Tuba Christmas: This holiday favorite concert is a must see! Continuing the tradition started by Harvey Phillips in 1974 to honor his teacher and mentor William Bell, who was born on Christmas Day, over 80 musicians will perform holiday favorites on low brass instruments. This concert is a campus-community partnership inviting low brass performers from the community to play alongside student musicians with euphoniums, sousaphones and of course, tubas. Don’t miss this unique holiday experience at Loeb Playhouse at Purdue University.
- Following Tuba Christmas at 8pm, Purdue Bands and Orchestras showcase Holiday Cheer & All That Jazz! This annual holiday celebration will feature all of the Purdue Jazz Bands spreading holiday cheer across a variety of cultures and nationalities. Don’t miss jazz renditions of your favorite holiday tunes at this annual tradition!
- The Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette presents the classic animated television special, A Charlie Brown Christmas, on December 11, 12 and 13. This play comes to life in this faithful stage adaptation where Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the other Peanuts grapple with the real meaning of Christmas.
- Load up the kids for an afternoon of fun on December 12 when Santa visits Wolf Park! Families are encouraged to come celebrate the holiday season with the wolves. Children are welcome to help staff and volunteers decorate small evergreen trees with wolf-edible treats such as hot dogs, spam, and spaghetti. When Santa arrives, the guests can watch the excitement of the wolves and children as the “edible trees” and other treats are distributed amongst the wolves. Although the program takes place outside (since the wolves are outside), guests are invited into their buildings to warm up, have some hot chocolate and, after the tree and treat distribution, talk to Santa, who will be accepting requests.
- More weekend fun! On December 12 the Bach Chorale Singers present Let There Be Peace, a joyous concert of sacred and secular songs of the season with the resounding voices of the Prelude, Concert, and Youth Choirs, the Adult Chorale and special guests, the West Lafayette High School Chamber Singers. The following day, December 13, the Bach Chorale Singers host their annual Candlelight, Lessons and Carols. This beloved tradition for over 50 years, the Bach Chorale Singers Christmas Candlelight Concert unites heart, mind and spirit in word and song. Both events take place at First Baptist Church.
- Santa invites kids and parents to join in a fun-filled morning on December 12 for Skate with Santa. Enjoy donuts, hot cocoa, and skate with the jolly old elf himself. This will be a great photo opportunity, so make sure to bring your camera!
- Nearby in Delphi, enjoy music, crafts, canal village buildings open and yummy hot apple dumplings at the Old Fashioned Christmas at the Canal on December 12 and 13.