- On December 3 & 4, enjoy dance, glitz and toe-tapping holiday tunes, plus traditional Christmas hymns with the cathedral-like reverence of the season at the Purdue Christmas Show.
- A Holiday Tour (December 3 & 4) at the Haan Mansion Museum of Indiana Art is a special treat that you won’t soon forget. A Christmas train traveling through several rooms, decorated with Dickens Villages is a favorite feature for both kids and adults. A gingerbread-style playhouse and multiple animated figures invite kids to participate. Decorated trees, Santas, angels, nativities, Lafayette houses and Dickens villages fill the Museum and spread the Christmas spirit.
- The largest holiday parade in Indiana starts the holiday season...area bands, local floats, clowns, fire engines, police, postal workers and, of course, Santa are welcomed by the crowds on December 3. This is the first Saturday night holiday parade so don't miss it!
- Polar Express is coming to the Long Center on December 3! See this magical Holiday film starring Tom Hanks at Long Center for the Performing Arts with a special appearance by Santa himself!
- The Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette hosts Elf the Musical, Jr. on December 2-4, 2016. Buddy the elf is raised at the North Pole, unaware that he is actually a human until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. He embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father and discover his true identity. Buddy is determined to win over his new family and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas.
- [caption id="attachment_8518" align="alignleft" ] Farmers Market Fun[/caption] Downtown Lafayette, enjoy Window Wonderland. Students will create a festive storefront for a downtown business designed around this year’s holiday weekend theme: A Very Merry Main Street!
- Shop for your holiday treats on Saturday, December 3 at the Holiday Downtown Farmers Market.
- Come join the merriment at the Charles Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’, on Saturday, December 3rd beginning at 11am at Carnahan Hall, 800 Main Street. The Dickens Players will perform 8 acts up and down the Main Street area with the Dickens Carolers singing between sets of certain acts.
- Celebrate the season at Wildcat Creek Winery on December 3 and 4! Drop in for wine tasting featuring their Mulled Harvest Cranberry Wine and new Cherry Ginger Fizz. Enjoy holiday treats from Fair Oaks Dairy and Mama Inez Bakery. Shop for locally made gifts and wine to make your holiday gatherings special. DIY gift basket stations will be available to assist you in building beautiful gifts for your friends and family.
The Holiday Makers Market is back at Wea Creek Orchard on December 2, 3 and 4. On Friday, December 2, Wea Creek is giving away swag bags full of goodies to the first 50 shoppers, door prizes, desserts & cider. Food trucks, desserts, beer, and live music on Saturday. And free activities for kids of all ages, wagon rides, games, and giveaways for parents on Sunday.
- December 4 marks the Carnahan Hall Christmas Gift & Craft Show. Vendors will be at the hall for all of your Christmas needs!