Farms, Friends & Fun Contest to Home of Purdue! This contest is worth over $550! Enjoy these details about the local places who have donated.
- Relax in a studio suite with one queen bed, a sofa sleeper and full kitchen this summer at Towneplace by Marriott. This hotel offers an indoor pool, recreation area, in-room refrigerators, coffee maker and microwaves, and complimentary continental breakfasts.
- Arni’s: To experience “Hoosier Hospitality” at its finest visit Arni’s where the food is delicious, and the service is exceptional. Arni’s is a staple in the Lafayette area. This restaurant which offers pizza, sandwiches, salads and more has been serving the community since 1965.
- Where else do you get the chance to taste the world-famous Duane Purvis Peanut Butter Burger besides Triple XXX? No where! Come and see why this diner was featured on the Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives!
- Decadent frozen custard served in a very retro/old timey diner feel with vintage art that decorates the interior walls and bright, neon lights outside proclaiming its name. This is the Igloo Frozen Custard!
- Want to enjoy some of the freshest Greek food in town? Check out Parthenon Greek American Grill serving authentic gyros, hummus & baklava.
- Kathy’s Kandies: Satisfy your sweet tooth with truffles, gourmet popcorn, cakes, toffee, shakes and smoothies, licorice, artisan chocolates; need we say more!
- The home of the Original Cheesestix! Mad Mushroom has a menu with something for everyone. Beyond their delicious pizza, there are sandwiches – calzones – grinders – paninis – pasta – salads…. and more!
- Gigi’s Cupcakes is serving up cupcakes with names like Scarlett’s Red Velvet, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Miss Princess, Cotton Candy, Wedding Cake, and Kentucky Bourbon Pie. These cupcakes taste just as good as they look.
- Test your mini golf skills at Monster Mini Golf: 18-holes of surprises, twists, and turns! What’s the catch? It’s all in the dark with neon monsters around every corner!
- The Farm at Prophetstown is a real working farm! The livestock enjoy a beautiful, healthy farm/free range setting and crops are grown to be used to feed them throughout the year.
- Prophetstown State Park is located in the historic town of Battle Ground. This state park, which served as a home to Native Americans for many years, is named after The Prophet, who was brother to Native American chief, Tecumseh. As Indiana’s newest state park offers hiking, biking, camping, interpretive Naturalist Services, and is home to an outdoor aquatics center!
- Hole in One Family Fun offers miniature golf, arcades, a batting cage, and lots of fun! Bring the family out this summer to enjoy some good ol' family fun!
- 1…2…3 strikes you’re out at the old ball game! Summer, sunshine and baseball! Make sure you head to a Lafayette Aviators baseball game this year!
- Tour the building that was once featured at the St. Louis Worlds Fair, Haan Museum of Indiana Art! It holds some of the most historic and valued Indiana art pieces in the state!
- Join a chorus of spectacular wolves in their natural habitat at Wolf Park’s popular Howl Nights. The park is home to several packs of gray wolves, plus foxes, coyotes and bison and is the only park of its kind in the country.
- Tropicanoe Cove: Grab an inner-tube and laze your way through Cattail Crik at Tropicanoe Cove. Two new water slides, the Riptide Racer (6-lane mat racer slide) and the Tiki Twist (aqua loop slide) will be offering loads of fun this summer! (Coming in June!)
- More water adventure can be had at the West Lafayette Municipal Pool, home to 3 heated pools.
- Learn how salt water shrimp are raised right here in Indiana at the RDM Shrimp Farm! You will have an opportunity to talk to the owners, tour the facility, learn the shrimp farming process and then have an opportunity to purchase some shrimp if you would like.
Enter to win this fabulous contest at HomeOfPurdueBlog.com. Good luck!