- The Wabash Heritage Trail runs around the downtown areas and for several miles along the Wabash River and is a great trail to see the beautiful sites around town.
- There is another great trail that runs from the Purdue campus, past the Celery Bog and Wal-Mart, and then connects to the Northwest Greenway Trail, which has its own multiple branches.
- The Amphitheater Multi-Use Trail is the easiest trail in the Lafayette area. It is a 3.5-mile ride with a few splits before hitting a turnaround to head back.
- The Haan Mountain Bike Trail is a 7-mile ride that is in two sections – State Street and Valley Street. This is a public trail but is on private land near downtown Lafayette and requires a liability form.
- McCormick Woods Multi-Use Trail is a 3.5-mile ride in two loops. It’s mostly a flat trail but does have some elevation changes and turns to make it a fun and interesting ride.
- Murdock Park Multi-Use Trail is a 3-mile loop trail. This trail is popular among advanced riders seeking a challenging ride. [caption id="attachment_9090" align="alignleft" ] Bike or walk this trail at Prophetstown State Park![/caption]
- Prophetstown State Park is also another great place to get some fresh air. It has 3.5-miles of paved trails that highlight the beauty of the area. Its great for biking and also walking.