Traveling to Purdue University for a Big Ten sporting event this fall? Here is a travel check-list to Greater Lafayette!
1. Order the Lafayette-West Lafayette Visitors Guide which includes a map to the area! Click here to order and your guide will be mailed within a week!
2. Book your overnight stay! Big ten sports draw thousands and thousands of fans. The Greater Lafayette area is home to over 30 different hotels to choose from but rooms book up quickly. Make sure to reserve your lodging early to assure a reservation.
3. Ensure you have your Purdue sports tickets! Click here to check out sports schedules and to purchase tickets!
4. Culinary treasures abound! With over 275 restaurants, there is something for everyone. Check out these blogs that feature top lists of great dining ideas and plan out which restaurants you crave!
5. Greater Lafayette and Purdue University are where fun fall adventures await. From getting lost in NW Indiana's largest corn maze at Exploration Acres, to howling with the wolves at Wolf Park, to pumpkin pickin' at Wea Creek Orchard, there is something delightful for everyone. Enjoy all these autumn activities while visiting Purdue University. Check websites and such for ticket info, hours, location, etc.
6. Make sure you add Downtown Lafayette-West Lafayette to your itinerary! Stroll the tree lined streets with outdoor public art and beautiful turn of the century architecture. Downtown spans from the Purdue Memorial Union on the edge of Purdue University, down the hill, and over the Wabash River, all the way to 11th Street in Lafayette. It offers hip dining venues, breweries, eclectic shopping, nightlife, plays, museums, galleries, theaters and more!
7. Enjoy live music, catch a live show, or shop at one of 3 local farmers markets while visiting! There are special events galore in Greater Lafayette.
Ritual's Rat Pack TuesdayMay 30, 2023 Ritual
Marc Ridge Live @ Teays River BrewingMay 31, 2023 Teays River Brewing & Public House
O'Bryans Nine Irish Brothers: Traditional Irish SessionsMay 31, 2023 - Dec 20, 2023 Nine Irish Brothers
West Lafayette Farmers MarketMay 31, 2023 - Oct 25, 2023 Cumberland Park
Lafayette Citizens Band - High School Night ConcertJun 01, 2023 Columbian Park Memorial Island Amphitheater
8. Parking at Purdue! Depending on which game you are coming to, you may need a visitor pass. Make sure you visit the Purdue University Parking website to reviews rules, parking maps, etc. Purdue Football Game Day Parking info. can be found here!
9. Bring your golf clubs and swing easy at one of 7 great golf courses!
The Ackerman-Allen Course, a Pete Dye design, is an 18-hole, parkland-style, championship golf... Read More
Battle Ground Golf Club
Battle Ground is a pristine, traditional golf course formally owned by Lafayette Country Club. Known... Read More
Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex
The Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex is located on the campus of Purdue University in West Lafayette,... Read More
Coyote Crossing Golf Club
Coyote Crossing Golf Club is an award winning, 18-hole course in West Lafayette, Indiana and is OPEN... Read More
Harrison Hills Golf Club
Harrison Hills Golf Club, is currently ranked in the top six golf courses you can play in Indiana.... Read More
The Kampen-Cosler Course, a Pete Dye design, is an 18-hole, links-style, championship golf course... Read More
Ravines Golf Course
Golf Ravines is an 18-hole championship golf course steeped in history. The Ravines is a... Read More
Tee Off Golf 2, LLC
Indiana's Only Award winning, technologically advanced driving range with Toptracer Range. Read More
10. Watch entertaining videos on our YouTube channel for travel tips and ideas!